Monday, June 11, 2007

Why is it that I have to keep learning the same lessons over and over again?

The lesson I most recently relearned was, DON'T DRINK COFFEE AFTER 3 or 4 PM or I will toss and turn all night long! We had to be at church at 7:30 AM to see if we could get the sound system to behave. It's still not, by the way. Most of the time, people in the congregation can't hear the vocalists.

I was so tired after church yesterday, from getting up so early. And Isabella didn't let me take a nap. I tried so hard to get her to sleep. The milk coma thing didn't work. I nursed her on both sides multiple times. Yup, I was THAT desperate. She was high energy.

We had to go back to church at 5 pm for music worship team practice. So, I got a Starbucks Frappucino. I showed some restraint. I got the smallest size. Didn't finish the drink until about 7 pm. All night long, I was wired! Wasn't able to fall asleep until sometime between 2:30 and 3 AM. Troy said I tossed and turned all night.

Now, I'm completely out of sorts, from not having had enough sleep, and I'm depressed. I WANT A DECENT JOB, where we're treated well. But, getting tenure-track positions means getting publications. My husband is brilliant. I'm not-so-brilliant. How do I do this?

1 comment:

Abby said...

I know about having to learn the same lessons over and over again.
Don't worry, You'll get a good job soon.