Saturday, June 10, 2006

what a way to make my day so much better. yes! the big dissertation.

my day started out all wrong. made the mistake of reading an e-mail from our lawyer at 1 AM in the morning. can't write about the particular issue and put it in cyberspace, since the case is still in session, pending, or whatever the right word is. being preggers and reading a message like that late a night - bad idea on my part. kept me awake for at least two hours, thinking about the issue and the impending reality of having to go to court.

anyways, not much later, spoke with my dissertation advisor, who just returned from a conference overseas. turns out she approves my dissertation. what?! MY DISSERTATION ADVISOR HAS APPROVED MY DISSERTATION. that means that my dissertation goes to my second reader. sent a copy of my dissertation to him earlier today - the title page, chs. 1-7, and the works cited. and, my dissertation advisor told me to schedule an oral defense date. i am so excited and so relieved.

so, even though i'm running on low fuel (from sleeping so poorly yesterday), i'm feeling great. praise the lord that some things in my life are going well, even though other things might not be.

things going well in lily's life now (let's be positive!) -
  • dissertation has been approved by my first reader.
  • hubby's picking up more household duties - like car maintenance.
  • niao mi hasn't thrown up for a few days.
  • i love my hubby so very much.
  • hubby loves me a great deal.
  • we have a little munchkin in utero who is growing everyday and getting ready for her entrance into the world.
  • troy may have a job lined up for the next academic year.
  • we have wonderful friends, locally and elsewhere, that we dearly love and that love us back.
  • one of my really good friends, richard, is coming to visit around christmas time (he's originally from england, though he may be coming from geneva - don't know).
  • parents, sister and brother-in-law had a safe and enjoyable journey overseas.
  • the list doesn't stop here! i have so much for which to be thankful.

No comments: