Wednesday, April 25, 2007

100 Nosy Questions

I'm following Manda's lead here.

Name: Lily
Age: 25, or that's what I'm telling my students lately
Month of birth: Spetember
Any Siblings?: 1 older sister, Tenny
Parents still married?: yes
Occupation: Lecturer
Do you like your job?: most of the time
Any pets?: 1 goldfish, but I haven't entirely recovered from the relatively recent death of my cat of 17 years
Hair color: dark brown
Eye color: brown
Shoe size: 7 to 7 1/2
Any Tattoos?: no
Any Piercings?: no
Current mood: hot
Current wardobe choice: wardrobe choice? what option(s) will cool me down the fastest?
What are you listening to?: Isabella making noises and Memoirs of a Geisha
Who did you last speak with on the phone?: Abirami
What do you currently smell like?: lasagna
Last....
Movie you watched: Memoirs of a Geisha
Magazine you looked at: Parents magazine
Thing you ate: The shrimp fried rice I made a few days ago
Book you read: Louis Pojman's Philosophy: The Pursuit of Wisdom
T.v. show you watched: Lost
Time you cried: when a pregnant student was crying in my office not two weeks ago
Took a shower: around midnight
Got a real letter (a.k.a Snail Mail): do greeting cards count? if so, easter
Ate at a restaurant (not fast food): not recently, that's for sure. when? someone help me. can't remember
CD you bought: haven't purchased a CD in at least a year
What is/was....
The best thing to happen to you today?: Laughing about a person who requested brown rice in a restaurant because it's more healthy and got instead riced that had been browned
Your most prized possession: These don't count as "possessions" per se, but um, don't make me pick between my daughter and my husband. they're both super important. Most prized possession? Probably my camera
Your first vehicle: A used Audi
Your current vehicle: 1993 Toyota Camry
Your favorite quote: One I can remember is: "The unexamined life is not worth living."
You bedtime (on average): midnight
Your best trait/characteristic: empathy
Your worst trait/characteristic: my desire for order
Do You....
Store things under your bed: no, not enough room
Daydream: who doesn't?
Have a computer at home: dumb question; ofcourse we do
Live in the city, suburbs or country: the Valley? hee (I'm stealing Manda's answer)
Live in a home, apartment, duples or mobile home: duplex
Own a cell phone: yes
Have a good luck charm: nope
Collect anything: I'm drawing a blank at the moment
Attend high school or college: I've attended both and graduate school
Make good grades: What constitutes good grades?
Have You Ever....
Had a surgery?: an emergency C-section; a bit of a bummer
Had teeth pulled?: nope
Broke the law intentionally: yes, speeding.
Ran away from home?: no
Broke a bone?: don't think so
Cheated on a test/exam: no
Had a friend pass away: yes
Been issued a citation/traffic ticket: not yet
Been in an auto accident: yes
Lied to someone: yes
Been lied to: yes
Your Favorite....
Place to be: I hate having my night dreams before interrupted and usually want to see what happens
Place to visit: dunno
Place to chill: on my bed
Non-Alcoholic drink: ginger ale
Alcoholic drink: port
Type of food: japanese or taiwanese
Meal/Food dish: sushi, hot & sour soup, king crab legs
Dessert: not sure - maybe marble slab or cold stone's ice cream
Shampoo & Conditioner: Back to Basics shampoo and conditioner
Toothpaste: Crest
Salad dressing: Italian
Ice cream: mint chocolate chip
Fast food establishment: Chick-fil-A
Color: purple
Season: I'm torn between spring and fall
Holiday: Christmas
Perfume/Cologne: Amarige de Givenchy
Video Game: n/a
T.V. show: LOST, Smallville, The Apprentice
Smells: my baby, Amarige de Givenchy, good food
Article of clothing: I don't have one at the moment
Book: The Count of Monte Cristo
Children's Book: The Secret Garden
Candy: Godiva chocolate
Car: I'm thinking practically (I mean long-lasting) at the moment - a Toyota Camry or a Lexus
Do You Believe....
In Karma: nope, but I do believe that what goes around comes around - ditto with Manda
In God: without a doubt
In Heaven & Hell: both
That aliens exist (extraterrestrial variety, not illegal aliens): how else did the Pyramids and the Great Wall of China get huh?
That ghosts exist: don't think so
In horoscopes: no, but they're still fun to read; again - agree with Manda here
In others you know (family, friends, co-workers etc): all the time
In yourself: some of the time
Your Opinion....
On the death penalty: It costs more money to keep those guys on death row than to put them away for life so why not let them tarry a little longer before they meet their Maker? Again, I'm in accord with Manda's answer.
On reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in schools: Yes, we are in America after all. Why not?
On homosexuals in the military: What does sexual orientation have to do with fighting? Nothing. Let whomever desires to serve on behalf of our country serve!
The war in the Middle East: Desperate times call for desperate measures. Yup, I agree, Manda
Schwarzeneggar...Governor or Terminator: That's a false dilemma
Current gas/fuel prices: Way too expensive; I'm still dreaming about when it was below $1 a gallon and hoping it will drop back down some day. I know, fat chance.

1 comment:

Manda said...

Yay! We are very similar in some ways, no?