Monday, November 27, 2006

The increasing interest in my blogs tickles me pink

Relatively recently, I asked Troy what he saw me doing professionally or occupationally in the best of possible worlds. In other words, if there were no restraints and there were ideal conditions, what does he see me doing. His response? A socialite.

What? A socialite? Though I am not an extreme extrovert, by any stretch of the imagination (I tested right between the two, introvert and extrovert, when I last took the Myers-Brigg personality test in college), I am quite an extrovert in his mind's eye. He did hit the nail on the head in terms of the fact that I love to talk and interact with people.

Since moving to South Texas and even still, I feel isolated. I have a few close friends . . . Manda, Junko . . . I have to scratch my head to think up some more names. That's not to say that I don't have other friends or people aren't kind to us. We love our church family, and I communicate with other people, too. Surely, the true meaning of "close" friends means something to everyone. I'm used to having more. Christine and I talk on the phone everyday. It's a very good thing we both have Cingular wireless. Abirami and I talk everyday.

A few people, especially on Troy's side of the family, have voiced their continued anticipation of when and what I'm going to post next. That tickles me pink. Why? I am plain jane. Nothing beyond the ordinary, here; that's what I think anyways. I'm honored that so many people not only take the time to look at all the stuff I've written, but look in anticipation! In some ways, realizing that people are waiting for me to write encourages me, makes me feel needed. That sounds a bit pathetic to me, that I feel better when others want to read what's going on in our lives, but it's true.

No comments: