Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The social part of me is feeling deprived and frustrated

One thing I am really not used to as a new mom . . . well, I can't place responsibility on motherhood . . . it has more to do with being relatively new here (well, it's been over a year) . . . is not seeing people much. For one, I'm home all day, everyday, during the week; and that alone, makes me crazy.

I miss my best friend, Christine. When we both lived in Columbia, we were on the phone nearly everyday, if not everyday. And we saw each other frequently. Though she had dubbed me a socialite (because she thought I spend a lot of time socializing with people) and I had a super busy schedule, we always found time to spend with each other. We still talk to each other everyday, but I miss seeing her! I've never seen her son face-to-face, and she's never seen me pregnant or met my daughter.

No comments: