Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Another Chapter of the Dissertation Finished!

My Doctoral advisor wanted me to refocus my chapter on Confucius, and she wanted me to split that chapter into two. This is allegedly the last substantive work I need to do for my dissertation. Well, this afternoon, I submitted the second of those chapters, comparing Aristotle and Confucius on virtue ethics. I'm actually feeling pretty decent about what I submitted, for the moment, or at least until she tells me how terrible she thinks it to be.

What's left? Well, barring any major changes my advisor wants me to make, I need to write the conclusion chapter. Then, I need to revise the parts of the Introduction that talks about Confucius. And, I am finished with my dissertation!

My goal is to be completely finished with what I can do by the end of May. I'm very nervous about what my advisor will have to say about that. The last time she and I spoke, she told me, after speaking with my committee members, that the plan is for me to defend my dissertation the third or fourth week of June. Hope that's still the plan! I'm ready to get my degree and move on to other matters.

No comments: