Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I'm done typing my dissertation for today!

I very badly want to taste the end of my dissertation that I want to scream at the top of my lungs. But, given that night as taken over the daytime and my neighbors will freak out, I shall refrain from screaming. I'm allegedly on the last leg of work for my dissertation. My dissertation advisor really doesn't like one of the chapters. She wants me to do two things, change the focus of the chapter and split that chapter into two. So, I'm in the process of doing both of those things.

I'm working on the first of the two chapters. Today, for a change, was one of my more productive dissertation days. I typed four single-spaced pages. That's eight double-spaced pages!!! I really want to get that chapter to my advisor ASAP. But, alas, I'm tired and can't do anymore work for the evening. So far, on the chapter, almost eight single-spaced pages are complete. Ideally, I'd like to get in another five single-spaced pages before I call this chapter done; we'll see.

Dissertation, be done! I want that sooooooooooooo badly. And, I want to defend my dissertation and have my degree in hand. Is that too much to ask? Come on, it's about time.

No comments: