Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Finally, a Down Pour of Rain in South Texas

We've been basking (more like frying) in temperatures hovering in the lower 100s in the past few days. And today, we had hot and humid weather, which in other parts of the country, indicate rain. Here, deep in the bowels of Texas, better not hold your breath, hoping for rain. Rain is a very, very rare commodity here. The skies were turning a gray color, late afternoon. But, I've learned not to get excited, in hopes of approaching rain. Well, gladly, I was mistaken today. As I am typing rain is a pouring down here in the Valley. Thank the Lord for rain.

I know, I know, since it rarely ever rains here, that means we'll face an onslaught of mosquitoes once the rain stops. But, hey, can't have everything the way we want, right? I'll take the rain for now.

No comments: