Thursday, May 18, 2006

Family is Off to Taiwan Today

Daddy, Mommy, Tenny, and Tim are heading to Taiwan today. The flight from the U.S. to Taiwan is roughly sixteen continuous hours. This was a family trip in the planning for somewhere between half a year to a year. Not too long after the New Year passed, before plane tickets were purchased, Troy and I decided not to go. The primary reason was that by the time we were due to travel, I would be around 24 weeks pregnant. Though my OB-GYN doctor did not explicitly tell me or advise me not to go, those were her implications. Besides, given that I wasn't sure how I'd be feeling at 24 weeks of pregnancy (uncomfortable or what-not), we decided against going.

In hindsight, not going was the right decision for another reason. I'm not finished working on my dissertation. In January or February, I was still hoping to finish in time to graduate in May. Little did I know how teaching five classes and being pregnant would slow me down. Slow me down they did. So, here we are, hanging out in the Valley, while they adventure to Taiwan and, in my parents' case, Japan.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip, family!

No comments: