Sunday, May 28, 2006

Ladies and Gentleman, Write it Down in History, We are once again blessed with rain!

I've been keeping my nose to the computer, not working on my dissertation (shame on me; I will start before the top of the hour) but blogging, when I looked outside. It's pouring rain! Thank goodness. Rain is always welcome here in the valley, since it comes so rarely.

This past Wednesday, the power window on the passenger, front side of our car decided to stop working, with the window over half way down already. Thank goodness for Providence on several counts. Our pastor, Kevin Sheese, recommended an excellent mechanic. What qualifies a person as an excellent mechanic? In my book, the person knows their craft very well, can do a good job with the actual repairs, and charges decent amounts of money for the service. Well, the blessing didn't stop there. Friday, before we took our car to the garage, I called and asked the mechanic and owner of the garage, Israel Martinez, how long the repair would take. He said if I brought our car in around lunch time (no later than 2 or 3 o'clock), he could have it fixed by the end of the day. He didn't even take 2 hours to fix it. More suprising was just how reasonable the labor cost was. The biggest hit was the cost of the parts. He was able to get the parts used. And the cost of the parts was reasonable, too; I know, given that the driver's side window as fixed not that long ago. Good thing we're not driving around town this afternoon with a half open window. Thank you Lord, thank you Israel Martinez, thank you Pastor Kevin Sheese, thank you Westcotts for everything you've done to help our car get back in shape.

Any of you who need car repairs and need a referral, please let me know! I would be more than happy to pass on this wonderful mechanic's contact information.

No comments: